Living In Time

Living in Time, Time, Clock, Don't Be Late, manage time, utilise, effort
Time is on a race that is often times deceptively slow; it always seems that one has all the time in the world but most of us find out when it's too late that we don't. At times I have lacked the wisdom to accept the things that are, and acknowledge that the powers that really matter belong to the divine and that life is going exactly the way it has been purposed.

 In those days my permanent complaint was that I felt like a rat on a treadmill, running to stay on the fast moving wheels and barely keeping up. It is very true that 'time waits for no man' but even truer is that fact that the race is not always to be swift.

Living is a time consuming activity but having a good quality of life is more of a time dispensing one. Doing the best we c
an most times is really all that is require d; the world is not served by my believing my best is not goof enough. My best is all that I have to offer, if it's not a success or perceived to be successful, I should have the confidence that I made the effort and the counts for a lot. Time can be better utilised when it is spend in the present not fixation in the past. Regrets and self recrimination are useless and time wasting endeavours, they serve no useful purpose except to drag us down and such joy out of existence.  I should know, I dedicated a number of years to kicking myself and regretting things I could not change when I should have looked at the present and taken steps to do some damage control. You see, it's only in the present you can repair the past, regrets don't erase anything; all the "I wish I had done this or said that" are complete useless as time rolls in a forward direction; you have to keep up; you can't rewind.

Time has of late become a friend, I respect it and try to utilise it as best as I can but I refuse to be its slave or let it put me under any pressure! The way I see it, mastering my time has given me freedom to not be controlled by other people's watches. It is possible that some people judge others by a yardstick and I respect the right of everyone to have an opinion but I now know that opinion carries no weight as it is strictly theirs and theirs alone .

The year is fast moving and I know quite a few of us want to achieve as much possible in the shortest possible time but I would like us to remember that time is not our master and that we are not subject to the time frame that other people have pegged success. What will be will be and what won't be will never be, regardless of the time wasted.

This year it is my earnest prayer that we will be able to manage time as a resource and put a leash on ambition as a a desire; that we will live in pleasurable times and circumstances.

Living In Time Living In Time Reviewed by Unknown on May 24, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

ads
Powered by Blogger.