I apologize to those I harassed – Gov. Oshiomhole

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole has apologized to those he harassed during his eight year tenure.

Oshiomhole apologize
Speaking at the last executive council session of his administration at the Government House, Benin City, the outgoing governor commended members of his cabinet for steadfastness, commitment,



According to him, he wanted everything to be perfect but the harder he tried to make things perfect in the state, the more he realized that it cannot be done, Daily Post reports.

He thanked every members of this state executive council for what God used them to do for the state, saying they were least paid and worked the hardest compared to any other state.

Oshiomhole said: “I also know that we have had to work long hours. I recall a meeting we had, starting at 9.00am, no adjournment and staying all the way to 7.00 am the following day. No break, no adjournment. We all agreed that we would do that and we would not adjourn until we had addressed the issue of the viability of this state so that we can deliver on our promises.

“I want to thank all of you. May God bless you; may God reward you. And we must have a sense of collective ownership of everything that happened while we were here. I want to apologize to those I harassed, and there is hardly anyone I didn’t, but it can be both ways.”

Also speaking, the state deputy governor, Pius Odubu, said Oshimhole performed beyond previously established boundaries.

He said the outgoing governor proved that tough times don’t last, but tough people do. Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has said the All Progressives Congress should find another appointment for Oshiomhole.

Speaking during his two-day working visit to Benin City on Monday, November 7, the president said it would result to wasting Oshiomole’s energy if he was allowed to leave politics shortly after his tenure as a state governor.

Oshiomhole would be handing over power to governor-elect Godwin Obaseki today, November 11.

However, Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, will be sworn in on Saturday, November 12, at the Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin, the state capital.

I apologize to those I harassed – Gov. Oshiomhole I apologize to those I harassed – Gov. Oshiomhole Reviewed by Unknown on November 11, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

ads
Powered by Blogger.